Ubiquiti Networks is an American technology company started in 2005. Based in San Jose, California they are a manufacturer of wireless products whose primary focus is on under-served and emerging markets.
Ubiquiti Networks entered the wireless technology market in June 2005, after announcing its "Super Range" mini-PCI radio card series.
In 2008, Ubiquiti announced additions to its 802.11 b/g lineup, including the Bullet, NanoStation, NanoStation Loco, PicoStation and RouterStation. The following year gave rise to airMAX, Ubiquiti’s proprietary MIMO TDMA polling technology. The new protocol presented an entire lineup of radio/antenna systems, building on the 802.11 b/g series, including the Rocket M. Shortly before the end of 2009, Ubiquiti announced the NanoBridge M and AirGrid M. Later, more products has been introduced, including the AirWire, WifiStation and Power AP and UniFi indoor wireless system.
Currently the main product lines are:
- AmpliFi- WiFi Amplifiers and Mesh Points
- UniFi - cost-effective enterprise wireless system
- UniFi Video - cameras and survialance systems
- UniFi LED
- airFiber - high-bandwidth point-to-point solution
- UFiber - fiber optics devices, interfaces and passive components
- airMAX - AP's and CPE's which utilize airMax proprietary wireless TDMA protocol
- EdgeMAX - carrier-grade switches and routers
- sunMAX- Solar Panels and accesories